If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (904) 762-8066

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Cleaning and Removing Mold From Town Center Homes

6/24/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Cleaning and Removing Mold From Town Center Homes Finding mold on the wall in your home is certainly disconcerting. Contact SERVPRO immediately for remediation services.

SERVPRO Technicians Understand the Three Major Tasks After Finding the Source of the Mold Infestation in Your Home

The first sign of mold for Town Center residents is that telltale ‘musty’ odor everyone recognizes. In some cases, it is the only sign that a homeowner ever notices.
 
Once we are called in, SERVPRO technicians often trace mold damage in Town Center homes using that odor as well. Although we can use air content meters to analyze mold spore counts, it is often easier and faster to find the starting growth point for a mold colony just by following our sense of smell.
 
After we find the starting point, our technicians have three tasks: Stop current growth, kill the active spores, and clean the home to prevent future mold growth. Team members stop the growth by finding and eliminating the source of water that allows the spores to expand and search for food and more moisture.
 
In most homes, the water source is a small leak from a leaking pipe connection or even a rubber washer that needs replacing. SERVPRO specialists can fix these small issues quickly, but if they find a major leak, the team leader recommends the homeowner bring in a licensed contractor or plumber. After stopping the leak, our personnel can remove any puddles or other standing water with sponges and cloths.
 
If there is a large amount of water, they use extraction wands. The wands we use are commercial grade versions of a Water-Vac, but are adjustable in speed and have more options to draw out water from tight places in attics or crawlspaces. Once the water source is gone, the mold rapidly returns to an inert state and growth stops immediately.
 
Next, our restoration team wipes down every affected area with a dry sponge which removes the majority of the inert spores. Then they spray an anti-fungal agent over spots where the mold layer is thick. The chemical breaks up the clumps of spores, kills the few remaining active spores, and allows our specialists to remove them easily. The agents evaporate quickly, so our teams leave a clean, dry structure for the homeowner and residents to reoccupy.
 
If you suspect there is mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South today at (904) 762-8066. That musty odor is a warning you cannot ignore, so let us help you get rid of it.

Other News

View Recent Posts