Our Warehouse Was Drenched by Hurricane Rainwater, What Can We Do About It?
Hurricanes are Yearly Occurrences in the Jacksonville Area, So Properly Preparing Your Business for Them and Knowing Whom to Call After They Strike is Essential.
The East Coast hurricane season lasts from June 1st through the end of November. Every year during this period, Jacksonville is often affected by a couple of these big storms. So, area businesses do face a genuine yearly threat of potential hurricane-related damage. If one of these storms ever impacts your business, it could mean substantial inventory losses, destroyed facilities and equipment, and the inability to continue operations. In considering the high cost of these potential losses, it is paramount that you properly prepare for major storms before they arrive. Just as important is knowing whom to call for commercial water cleanup after a hurricane or tropical storm strikes one of your facilities.
What is a Good Commercial Water Cleanup Service to Call for Assistance?
After a severe storm cripples your business, the first thing on your mind is: How can we clean all this up? Well, the key to this is knowing the right Jacksonville commercial water cleanup service to call. Of course, finding the best one requires researching cleaning and remediation companies before a storm arrives. In Jacksonville, there are a few services like SERVPRO that do exceptional work. There are more than a few good reasons to select our company:
- It ranks in the top 100 of 1,700 SERVPRO franchises
- Our company is only one of six in Florida that handle issues related to “substantial loss events” like hurricanes
- We have a large loss recovery team and routinely complete massive restoration projects
- Our technicians are highly trained and experienced
- SERVPRO has all the equipment necessary to effectively resolve your problem
- We are available 24/7, can usually be on-site within four hours of your call, and can often complete your job quickly
When you need to swiftly return your Jacksonville business to operational condition, we are likely your best option. Our technicians act quickly and know how to efficiently restore your property to preloss condition in as little time possible.
Is There Anything I Can Do In the Future, Before Its Arrival, to Lessen a Storm’s Impact on My Business?
In Florida, it is always wise to stay informed about the weather, especially during hurricane season. As long as you keep up with the weather forecasts, you generally know about most approaching storms a week or so in advance. Of course, Jacksonville weather can sometimes be volatile and defy predictions. With all that said, here are some ways you can limit storm damage to your business:
- Ensure that your roofing and water drainage systems are clean and in good shape
- Make sure you remove all tree limbs that could potentially fall on the roofs of your commercial buildings
- Use plywood to cover all doors, service entrances, and windows
- Place sandbags strategically around your buildings to divert floodwaters
- Cut off your business’ electricity, gas, and water before leaving
While there are no guarantees when it comes to severe weather, if you follow these few relatively simple recommendations, your buildings should be substantially better protected against storm-related catastrophes.
How Does SERVPRO Clean up the Water in My Warehouse?
Often, within a few hours of your call, SERVPRO technicians arrive at your Jacksonville business location. They then proceed to get to work. Their procedure generally involves:
- Evaluating your business’ water damage and determining what needs to be done
- Establishing a drying goal
- Repairing any leaks in your warehouse’s roof
- Using wet vacs or portable extractors to vacuum up standing pools of water
- Employing moisture sensors/meters to determine what has been affected by water
- Drying the interior of your warehouse and its valuable contents with dehumidifiers, air movers, and industrial-strength fans
- Measuring moisture levels with sensors/meters and thermohygrometers to ensure that all drying has been effectively completed
- Using foggers to eliminate damaging fungi and unwanted odors
After all the work has completed, your warehouse should be in operational condition once again. Also, depending on the level of storm damage you suffered, our skilled technicians are often able to save most of your valuable inventory. In the long run, their work usually saves commercial clients like you from future issues related to water damage, like dry rot, mold, and mildew.
If one day a hurricane or tropical storm affects one of your commercial buildings, remember help is available nearby. As you now know, we specialize in handling big commercial cleaning and restoration jobs. Our expert crew can clean up your water issue fast and get you operational in no time. Remember, the faster you act to resolve this problem, the better the results. Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South today at (904) 762-8066.