Cleaning And Restoring Flood Damage In Spring Park
Flood Damage Procedures
When you call in professionals such as SERVPRO for flooding from storm damage, the first stage of the job is to make you feel at ease and explain what is going to happen. They will then inspect your home and its contents. They will write down all their findings and figure out safety and drying procedures, and then they will begin protecting the structure.
For any type of flood damage in Spring Park, our technicians at SERVPRO will need to determine where the water came from and make sure that the source of water has been contained or stopped.
- We will first figure out if the water is clean, gray or black. If the water has sat for some time, clean water could become gray, and gray water could turn black.
- We will explain to you what we are doing and why and go over the right forms, so you fully understand what we are going to do.
- You’ll then sign the proper documentation before we begin any work.
- We will look for any possible safety hazards next, such as electrical hazards, ceilings loaded with water, and if the flooring is strong to hold up people walking on it.
- We will use moisture detection equipment to figure out where the water migrated, starting with the source of the water and working outward. We will check all areas which could have been affected.
- We will note the kind of materials which need to be dried and make sure to test the baseboards, walls, cabinets, insulation, crawl spaces, hidden areas, ducts, registers, pads, carpets, subfloors, and wet contents. We will write down everything, from the kind of material to preexisting conditions, to how wet everything is.
- Then we will measure the damaged areas and photograph the damage.
- A complete report will be drawn up of all our findings.
The 10 Most Important Things We Look For When Scoping A Contaminated Water Damaged Structure
1. How many materials were contaminated?
2. Are the materials non-porous or porous?
3. Can the area be ventilated and is containment necessary?
4. Can the affected materials be decontaminated and restored or do they need to be replaced?
5. Does the amount of contamination pose a health risk to the occupants or us?
6. Will it be more expensive to restore or replace? Do porous materials automatically need to be replaced?
7. Are there local, state or federal regulations which apply?
8. Was the HVAC system affected?
9. What do we need to do to prevent more damage?
10. How will we dispose of the waste?
When it comes to cleaning and restoring flood damage, safety always comes first for us at SERVPRO of Jacksonville South. You can be assured when you give us a call at (904) 762-8066 for your storm damage issues, that we will put you and your family first and follow all the proper steps and regulations.