Our guys are always on call and SERVPRO of Jacksonville South is ready to fight water, fire and mold damage in a moments notice. Jacksonville is no stranger to water and flood damage. Disaster comes crawling on our shores in the form of storms, high-tides and hurricanes. In 2017 Hurricane Irma caused flooding of historic proportions. Our SERVPRO franchise was working side by side with our neighbors. Some of our personal friends lost everything they had. But we stood beside our community, drying out homes and restoring the city one house at a time.
Known for removing water, cleaning the mess, and repairing the damage.
- Whether it's a Cat 1 or Cat 4, SERVPRO of Jacksonville South cleans up and fixes properties damaged by mother nature.
- No water is too deep for our equipment we don't waste time cleaning and reviving flood damaged homes in Jacksonville. Check out this epic article about the epic flood we had.
- Jacksonville, Florida has 840 square miles of space just waiting to be covered in water. So when water starts flowing in your house, that's the time to call us. The longer you wait, the more damage water can do.
We've done so many flood damage restoration jobs in Jacksonville that the insurance companies know us by name. If you want experience, down to earth and up from water damage damage specialists, we are SERVPRO of Jacksonville South.
SERVPRO of Jacksonville South
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (904) 762-8066
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because it’s impossible to remove all mold from a house or business; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Fire Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Jacksonville South is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Jacksonville residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Jacksonville, FL
- Baymeadows, FL
- San Marco, FL
- Deerwood, FL
- Lakewood, FL
- Southside, FL
- Pine Forest, FL
- Town Center, FL
- Brooklyn, FL
- Bayard, FL
- Bowden, FL
- Avenues , FL
- Gate Parkway, FL
- Prime Osborn Convention Center, FL
- Tinseltown, FL
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (904) 762-8066
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Jacksonville South will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
SERVPRO of Jacksonville South has the expertise to make any mold problem a memory in Jacksonville, FL. We have seen the distress homeowners experience upon finding mold at their property. SERVPRO can help calm any mold concerns. Our trained professionals have the equipment and knowledge it takes to properly remediate mold. Call (904) 762-8066 - We are ready and waiting to respond to your emergency.