Is It Reasonable to Expect One Jackson Water Restoration Firm to Manage All Tasks Needed to Return a Business to Pre-Loss Condition?
SERVPRO Bridges Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration in Your Jacksonville Commercial Property to Repair--Let's Get You Open for Business!
A General Contractor's License, Scalable Crews, and Nationwide Equipment Inventory Resources Support SERVPRO's Pledge to Provide the Jacksonville Business Community with Premier Water Restoration Services
A water loss can significantly disrupt the operations of your Jacksonville restaurant. Media reports tend to focus on storms or other natural disasters when sharing information about commercial water damage. Much more frequently, the water-based harm business property suffers has ordinary, less newsworthy sources. The negative effect on both the business property and operations can be severe regardless of the water source. Many different types of crises can cause severe water damage, including:
- Leaking pipes
- Clogged air conditioning
- Broken appliances
- Sprinkler system malfunctions
- Inattention or negligence (spills and overflows)
Do I Need to Find and Hire Different Contractors for Each Step in the Water Damage Restoration Process?
The agenda for water damage restoration in your Jacksonville eatery might be complicated, but our mission is to provide wrap-around help for our business customers. We invest in comprehensive training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) for our managers and technicians in a broad range of general disaster and targeted water damage specialties. We are proud to be considered water damage restoration leaders in our region and take our responsibility seriously to help businesses with the many aspects of water damage they must confront.
Are There Ways for My Restaurant to Remain Open While Professionals Restore Water Damage?
SERVPRO knows the long term prognosis for businesses that must shut their doors to recover from a disaster is not the best. As many as 50 percent of commercial endeavors risk permanent closure if they stop offering goods and services temporarily because of water damage. With this statistical reality in mind, we strive to work closely with our commercial customers to try to create ways to restore water damage efficiently while your business also continues to be a vital part of the community. Some options include:
- Installing baffles and barriers to prevent the water from spreading widely through your building
- Building containment chambers wrapped with 1.6 mil polyethylene -- installing negative pressure air scrubbing technology inside these chambers to seal the perimeter and prevent drift of any airborne residues or odors
- Performing as much of the restoration as possible during non-customer hours
- Considering online or phone pick up ordering until dining room areas can be restored
What Can Water Restoration Look Like for My Restaurant -- In a "Nutshell?"
Water restoration projects have similarities, even though each has its quirks and challenges. Having an overall expectation helps you prepare and adapt to what might happen in your business:
Before the Restorers Arrive
- Shut off the water main
- Consider shutting off the electricity, or have a clear path to breakers for our team
- Elevate chairs and tables on blocks or at least slip foil under legs to prevent the finish from staining
- Use towels to soak up water -- sweep water to drains in tiled areas
Our project manager evaluates safety hazards and institutes controls:
- Slip, trip, and fall hazards -- tape off areas and set up danger signs
- Electrical hazards -- power off partially or completely
- Structural risks -- call in our construction division to erect supports, punch weep holes
- Contamination (an example might be waste pipe back up) -- determine if personal protective equipment (PPE) and space containment required
Moisture detection and metering to establish work area and provide baseline drying data
- Pump and extract water, including trapped water as exposed below
- Use controlled demolition to release trapped water
- Drilled or sawn holes at the base of walls or in mortar joint
- Flood cuts when drywall is damaged and needs removal -- several inches above moisture line, stud to stud
- Clean and disinfect soiled surfaces with EPA-registered products
- Draft a drying plan based on moisture data
- Implement the drying plan with the positioning of air movers, heaters, and dehumidifiers
Repair and Rebuilding
Wrap around restoration services are possible because of our investment in a licensed contracting crew. Leverage the skills of our construction managers and workers on the journey to preloss condition:
- Repair the weep and other water release holes
- Replace the drywall removed for flood cuts
- Attention to a wide range of other repairs, replacement, and rehabbing need to get the restaurant back to normal
Shift the burden of commercial water damage restoration to SERVPRO of Jacksonville South. Our turn-key services offer you the confidence to assure your customers that your operations are on course to provide both the goods and the services they expect. Call us at (904) 762-8066 to focus on returning from a water damage setback even stronger than before.
General: # CBC1256211
How Important Is Relocation of Valuables after A Home Floods?
Keep the Dog! But, SERVPRO can pack-out your content for storm damage restoration while we clean up your home in Jacksonville
SERVPRO Understand the Benefits and Challenges That Move-Outs Present Thus Offering Several Options to Jacksonville Homeowners Affected By Flood Damage
Flooding can cause widespread damages in your property in a matter of minutes. Apart from the damage that happens immediately after the water breaches the property, further deterioration continues as time progresses. Moving items from your Jacksonville home after flooding can help prevent or minimize some damages.
What items are most vulnerable to ongoing deterioration?
Most of the valuables you have in your Jacksonville house are bound to deteriorate when exposed to flooding because:
- Moisture leads to rusting of metals
- Water causes wood to swell, warp or rot
- Humidity sparks microbial growth
- Contaminants embed permanently to porous materials
Apart from the moisture deposited when materials are exposed to floodwaters, processes such as evaporation or water wicking through materials spread the moisture further. When your items remain in the waterlogged property, there is a risk of continued exposure, thus worsening damages.
How fast should a move-out be done to be effective?
If the only reason for moving items from the loss site is to prevent further deterioration, then a speedy removal is essential. Our SERVPRO crews can help facilitate your goal in different ways, including offering different move out options like:
- Full move out to an external facility
- Partial move out within the property
- Provision of temporary storage containers
We recommend an option based on the prevailing conditions at the loss site. For instance, if the damage is minimal and confined to some parts of the property, it is easier to move items to the unaffected section. We also take further precautions such as sealing off the openings between the affected and unaffected areas with plastic sheets to limit the transfer of materials.
Protecting items after flood damage can lead to better outcomes. Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South at (904) 762-8066 to help manage move-outs from your property if necessary. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Do I Need Professional Cleanup After a Small Fire in My Jacksonville Kitchen?
The techs arrive quickly and restore your home to its preloss condition.
Even Small Fires In Jacksonville Can Leave Big Problems
A common reason for fires in kitchens is a flare-up from a pan unless water got used to extinguish the fire, which makes the situation far worse, it is usually put out quickly. However, many Jacksonville homeowners notice immediately even though there is no charring in the kitchen, a distinct and very pungent odor remains. This scent means you have protein residues throughout the room, and they need removal to eradicate the smell. Worse, without proper cleanup methods, it can spread to other areas of the home.
How Do I Get Rid of Protein Residues from Fire Damage in My Kitchen?
It is hard to clean up fire damage in your Jacksonville kitchen that is hard to see, and it is astonishing to find out how far away from your stove residues can travel. This type of smoke residue can be difficult to remove and require the use of solvent-based cleaning agents to release the grip on the surface. Common areas that need cleaning are:
• Varnished cabinets
• Walls and ceilings
Each of these areas requires testing to ensure the cleaning agent chosen will not mar or damage the surface it is performing the task of lifting away the fire loss residues. It is not uncommon for multiple cleaning solutions to get used on varying surfaces, so each has the best outcome.
If the HVAC system ran post-fire in the home, there is a good potential that the ductwork may require cleaning due to the presence of odorous particulate. The techs have specific equipment to use to eradicate odors within the ductwork, so they do not spread throughout the home.
SERVPRO of Jacksonville South at (904) 762-8066 is ready 24/7 to handle small or large fire damage situations in local properties. The techs arrive quickly and restore your home to its preloss condition.
Is It Possible for Professionals to Clean the Fire-Damaged Contents of My Jacksonville House?
Having a fire damage issue in your South Jacksonville area? Call the pros in SERVPRO to mitigate all your fire damage needs.
SERVPRO Managers and Technicians Are Experts in a Wide Range of Effective Techniques to Achieve Successful Fire Damage Restoration of Your Jacksonville Home’s Contents
The walls, ceilings, and floors of your Jacksonville dwelling can look much the same as preloss after even severe fire damage with professional intervention. Aggressive cleaning and strategic replacement of new drywall, ceiling tiles, and hardwood by our rebuilding division return those structural components to the look and function you expect after repainting and refinishing. Your furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions, however, pose a different sort of challenge.
Should I Look into Cleaning Fire Damaged Contents Rather Than Replacing Them?
Although you can choose to replace items rather than investigating restoration, your insurance company might not pay the fire damage claims for Jacksonville. Jacksonville homeowners instead reach out to us for reliable and skilled contents cleaning, relying on our contents processing specialists in our production facility to apply our many innovative resources to make it “Like it never even happened,” not only for your home’s structure but also for your belongings.
Why Is Professional Cleaning Preferable to a DIY Approach?
It is perhaps an overused phrase, but SERVPRO knows that what makes your house a home are the treasures, heirlooms, and mementos that simply cannot be replaced. The key to a successful outcome is the skills and experience of our highly-qualified employees. Trying to remove soot, tarnish, and the effects of contaminated fire-fighting water is not a straightforward task. We see instances of homeowners grief-stricken over the loss of items they tried to clean themselves but ultimately discarded because they felt the articles were beyond hope. Please take the opportunity to have our trained technicians evaluate your personal property. You might be pleasantly surprised at how we can turn back the clock on fire damage.
How Do Contents Processing Specialists Clean Items?
We evaluate the soot and other residues impairing the look and feel and your enjoyment of the articles. The first decision is whether to proceed with dry or wet cleaning. Dry cleaning is reserved for light to medium soiling of non-greasy residues. We choose among feather dusters, dusting cloths, and dry cleaning sponges (sometimes known as chemical sponges) to dislodge lightly adhered soils. Vacuuming and air pressure are other dry cleaning methods.
What If the Fire Damaged Items Need Wet Cleaning?
Moderate to heavy residues, more tightly adhered, need a different strategy. Unless the soil is oil-based, we use water or a solution of water and a carefully selected cleaning agent to break the bond between the fire residue and the surface. Typically wet cleaning requires that the article or surface be durable enough to endure thorough saturation. Here are the most common ways we deliver wet cleaning to fire-damaged contents:
The technician mixes an appropriate cleaning solution in a bottle and applies it using a trigger or nozzle sprayer. We can control the amount of product applied, avoid damaging contents that are too fragile to be immersed. Once the spray has been given a predetermined dwell time, we wipe it away with a soft, clean, white cloth.
Textiles, especially padded furnishings, need to be cleaned delicately to prevent color bleeding and shrinkage. An agitated water and cleaner solution form tiny bubbles that our technicians apply with a Tampico upholstery brush. The plant-based fibers do not harm the fabric but permit the cleaning solution foam to attract residues that we remove with another pass of clean bristles.
Some residues on items are tightly bonded, requiring either an abrasive additive in the cleaning solution or an abrasive tool to release the bond. Our professionals are trained and experienced in this technique, testing the abrasive additive or tool on an inconspicuous area to ensure the method is not damaging. When using an abrasive tool, we make sure to lubricate the area cleaned with enough product to limit any scratching.
Contents that can handle soaking without deterioration show good results with immersion cleaning. A basin or trough is loaded with the cleaning solution, and the item is lowered into the fluid for a prescribed dwell time. The article is then rinsed or scrubbed and rinsed to remove the residues.
A specialized kind of immersion cleaning involves using a tank fitted with a mechanism that generates high-frequency sound waves. Millions of imploding micro-bubbles result, producing high-temperature jets of the cleaning solution, dislodging the soiling. A certified technician must operate the ultrasonic system to prevent inadvertent damage of items.
Make good use of the options offered by SERVPRO of Jacksonville South at our production facility after a home fire. Call (904) 762-8066 to set up an evaluation of the contents and the damage sustained so we can develop a practical and efficient restoration plan.
Can I Eliminate Mold from My house?
For Mold Remediation and Fixing the Source of the Moisture--Jacksonville Property Owners Rely on SERVPRO
SERVPRO Can Help Trace What Leads to Mold Damage at Your Jacksonville Home and Perform a Full Remediation
Mold development in your Jacksonville property is not something to look forward to since people can interpret it as neglect. Mold is also associated with health effects. Perhaps the biggest concern is how stubborn such infestations can be, reappearing a few weeks or months after removal, if not done correctly.
- Establishing the root cause of the infestation
- Full remediation of affected materials
- Removal of airborne mold debris
For mold to develop in a property, a couple of factors are necessary, including the availability of organic food source and moisture. Since almost any organic material can serve as a nutrient, moisture is the main trigger. Unless there is a water spill incident, our SERVPRO technicians inspect your property to establish and fix possible sources of moisture. Typical sources include:
- High humidity in the air from insufficient cooling of the interior
- Unresolved or hidden water leaks
- Steam from the shower and other places
How should I deal with moldy materials?
The remedial action chosen depends on the type of material and level of infestation. For heavily infested porous materials such as carpets, insulation, drywall, or fabrics, removing the affected material is the appropriate action since the root-like mold hyphae penetrate beyond the surface, making it hard to remove mold entirely by cleaning. Regardless, mold remediation is just that. It is not possible to eliminate ALL mold and spores from a home with a treatment.
For non-porous surfaces, our SERVPRO technicians use various cleaning approaches, including HEPA vacuuming and damp wiping the infested areas. Semi porous materials require elaborate cleaning processes such as brushing, sanding, wire brushing, or specialized cleaning, such as soda blasting.
Killing spores is also crucial for longer-term results. Our crews use antifungal products with antimicrobial properties to achieve this goal. Some of the spores and other mold debris disturbed during cleaning are suspended in the air, meaning they can settle back on cleaned areas. We run air filtration devices (AFD) with HEPA filters to remove the particulate matter.
Mold infestations are manageable. Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South at (904) 762-8066 to help restore your property to its preloss state.
How Can I Prepare My Jacksonville Business for the Upcoming Hurricane Season?
Work with SERVPRO of Jacksonville South to create a comprehensive ERP and ride out this hurricane season, knowing you are well-prepared for disaster.
Partner with SERVPRO--Collaboration to Develop Your Personalized Emergency READY Profile (ERP) Prepares for a Fast Response to Flood Damage in Your Jacksonville Retail Space
Although hurricane season is a yearly certainty, merely knowing the rain and winds are possible does not limit the effect of a storm that strikes close to your Jacksonville shop. Devastating damage can still threaten closure and loss of business. No restoration company can stop a tropical storm from gaining energy and causing structural damage resulting in flooding. Forward-thinking mitigation and remediation experts can assess your property’s vulnerability and put together a blueprint of the most effective way restoration crews can respond to get you back to business fast.
How Does the Emergency Ready Profile and Plan (ERP) Work?
Put yourself in control of your Jacksonville business’s flood damage by taking proactive action. Inviting our trained and experienced project managers to assess your physical layout permits us to assist against potential flooding in two distinct ways:
We look for ways your current operation can be reconfigured to limit the effects of flood damage:
• Storing documents off-site or in water-proof containers
• Converting records to a digital form
• Raising equipment from the floor
• Protecting inventory by choosing safer spaces in your building, containment, or periodic off-site storage
We familiarize ourselves with your layout and ways of operating, and identify the likely path of floodwaters entering:
• Label utility shut-offs
• Note recesses and building cavities that could trap water
• Develop a response plan with your input:
- Clarify that SERVPRO is you preferred restoration company
- Provide contact information for vendors and contractors who developed your space and systems
- Designate individuals whom you authorize to act on your behalf if you are unavailable during the crisis
Work with SERVPRO of Jacksonville South to create a comprehensive ERP and ride out this hurricane season, knowing you are well-prepared for disaster. Call (904) 762-8066 now to schedule your no-obligation assessment.
What Kinds of Interventions Do Professional Loss Responders Use to Clean Up After a Jacksonville Fire?
The committed work team at SERVPRO dedicates their efforts to restoring your home and possessions after the devastation of a household fire.
SERVPRO Technicians Are Experts at Balancing the Principles and Elements of Fire Damage Cleaning When We Answer the Call from Jacksonville Residents
Cleaning might seem like a commonsense activity that most people learned how to competently do as youngsters to contribute to their home and community. The positive attitude and energy you as a homeowner might want to bring to fire loss recovery are admirable. Still, it is likely not enough to avoid inadvertent mistakes that could permanently damage your Jacksonville home or put you or your family in danger. Professional fire damage restorers break the cleaning process down, using research-based scientific approaches to eliminate fire residues safely and for good.
Why Does Fire Damage Recovery Focus On Cleaning?
You might wonder why compromised structures and soot-covered contents are not demolished and thrown out when you view the aftermath of fire damage to your Jacksonville home. Although it might seem like an expeditious solution, it is costly in both terms of the money needed to purchase rebuilding materials and the loss of your beloved and familiar personal furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions. We apply the principles and elements of cleaning to restore materials and contents at a fraction of the cost while causing much less disruption.
What Are the Principles of Cleaning As Applied to Smoke and Soot Damaged Materials?
The aim of restoration through cleaning is to bring the materials back to the function and appearance they exhibited before the fire loss. To achieve this result, SERVPRO employees move through the following protocols:
• Inspecting all spaces in your home affected by smoke and soot to locate the residues, commencing the inspection at the ignition site, and moving out throughout the structure.
• Evaluating the residues knowing that different conditions and fuel sources during the fire cause the soot characteristics to vary.
• Making preliminary recommendations for effective cleaning methods and products for the different residues encountered.
• Examining the surfaces affected. The types of material and their condition narrows the choice of cleaning products and methods. If a surface is not durable enough to withstand a particular method or cleaner, adaptations can be made. Some materials cannot be restored using this analysis. We communicate this to you and your insurance company to consider further options.
• Employing dry and wet cleaning methods to loosen, dislodge, and remove the residues.
• Dry methods are primarily mechanical -- brushing, during vacuuming, lifting with chemical sponges.
• Wet methods use water or oil-based solutions to suspend or emulsify the residues before rinsing and wiping away.
• Disposing of residues, which, depending on the characteristics of the soil, might require following hazardous waste procedures.
What Are the Elements of Cleaning As Understood by Fire Damage Removal Experts?
The elements of cleaning focus on the wet and dry cleaning methods mentioned above, using best practices to manipulate conditions within the restorer’s control to increase the efficacy of the process. We consider the following variables to achieve successful outcomes:
Raising the temperature increases the speed of our proprietary products’ chemical reactions. We add heat based on the particular product and the capacity of the material cleaned to withstand it.
Disrupting the bond between the residue and the surface to which it adheres is possible by a range of physical means using various tools and equipment. We spread cleaning products in this manner also:
• Water and air pressure
• Ultrasonic vibrations
A keen knowledge of the expected actions and reactions between our professional-grade products and the residues we seek to remove is essential. We break the bond between soot and surface by choosing products based on their ability to do the following to the adhered residues:
• Alter pH
The desired outcomes often do not occur immediately. Our technicians utilize scientifically established dwell time windows to give products and ancillary elements a chance to work. We monitor the effect on the surface to ensure avoiding secondary damage.
What Kind of Training Do SERVPRO Crews Receive to Become Proficient in the Application of the Principles and Elements of Cleaning?
Our owners and employees all take advantage of the comprehensive knowledge base provided by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC is an international standard-setting organization that continually evolves and improves the best practices used by leading restoration professionals. We stress adherence to these practices to lend consistency to our efforts, striving at all times to use our skills, products, and equipment to reach the point where you and your family feel safe, comfortable, and secure, “Like it never even happened.”
The committed work team at SERVPRO of Jacksonville South dedicates their efforts to restoring your home and possessions after the devastation of a household fire. Call us at (904) 762-8066 for a consultation about your options.
Where Can I Find Fire Damage Restoration Services For My Jacksonville Home?
Regardless of the specific scenario, contacting SERVPRO after a fire is your best bet. Call us today. We are available 24/7.
Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville at Any Time For Expert Fire Damage Restoration Services!
There are many scenarios that could leave your Jacksonville home in need of fire damage restoration services. For example, imagine coming home after a long and tedious day of work. You decide a hot bath and some aromatherapy might be the cure to the stress of the day. So, you plug in your electric wax warmer and begin to run the water.
Unfortunately, appliances of any kind can malfunction and leave your Jacksonville home in need of fire damage restoration services. As you fill the bath, a surge could cause an electrical fire in the blink of an eye.
If the Fire Was Very Severe, Can Anything in My Bathroom Even Be Saved?
Here at SERVPRO, we're fire damage restoration experts. No amount of damage is hopeless. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. Should the fire loss in your home be particularly devastating, we can start by:
- Removing debris and damaged materials
- Stripping the walls of burned drywall and exposing the frame for remediation
- Begin both water damage and smoke damage remediation
Many people do not usually realize that water damage tends to be present at the sights of severe fire damage, from the efforts of fighting the fire. Here at SERVPRO, we can use advanced technology to ensure the frame of your house is dry.
What About the Smell of Smoke? How Can You Remediate That?
Our SERVPRO technicians know how bothering the constant pungent odor of smoke can be. We always aim to remediate all aspects of fire damage. To reduce the odors, we can:
- Use thermal foggers, to suppress airborne particles, which cause the odor
- Clean and remove as much smoke residue as possible with housemade cleaning-formulas
- Use air scrubbers equipped with carbon filters to help sift odorous particles out of the air
We're dedicated to helping you reduce all evidence of the fire damage which occurred in your home.
If fire damage has struck your home, don't hesitate. Communicate with SERVPRO of Jacksonville South by dialing (904) 762-8066. We're ready to help you.
Click here for more information about Jacksonville.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Jacksonville, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South today at (904) 762-8066 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Can My Home in Town Center be Restored After Flood Damage?
Our area faces storm damage yearly. Have SERVPRO on speed dial to be able to quickly call after an emergency.
Expert Restoration Companies Employ a Variety of Advanced Methods to Successfully Repair Flood Damage.
Town Center, FL is no stranger to flooding and many area homeowners have experienced it one or more times during their residencies. Located on low, marshy land that is surrounded by water, this town adjacent to Jacksonville tends to experience flooding every year. Excessive rains from hurricanes and various tropical storms routinely inundate the area between June and the end of November. While some residents can avoid the worst of this problem through preventative measures, many others have to deal with catastrophic flood damage. Luckily, for the ones impacted, services like SERVPRO have innovative tools and methods for resolving their issues.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Prevent or Mitigate Potential Flood Damage?
There are various ways you can either prevent or mitigate potential flood damage in Town Center. These measures help prevent floodwaters from entering your home through its foundation, roof, and windows. The following is a short list of such preventative steps you can take to protect your Town Center home:
- Seal any cracks in your house’s foundation
- Fix any roof leaks and ensure that your roof drainage system is in good working order
- Cover all openings and windows with sturdy plywood
- Strategically place sandbags around your home to divert floodwaters
What Equipment and Methods Can SERVPRO Use to Dry and Restore My House?
When SERVPRO technicians arrive on-site, they first evaluate your home for damage and then extract any standing water. Once they remove any remaining mud and trash, our workers start drying and restoring your house. The general process they follow to do this is:
- A drying goal is scientifically established, based on local atmospheric data and moisture levels in unaffected rooms
- The most effective ratio of dehumidifiers to air movers is determined and they are used to dry out your home’s interior
- Injectidry systems, connected to dehumidifiers, are used to dry hard-to-reach areas behind walls and ceilings
Considering everything, you should now understand that there is help available if you need it. Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville South at (904) 762-8066 for assistance.
Click here for more information about Town Center.