Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do you know what to do after a water loss?
Most people will experience a water damage event on their property in Lakewood, FL, at some point in their lives. Water damage occurs frequently, more so than one might think. When it comes to water damage cleanup and restoration, it can be difficult to properly take care of without the proper training and equipment. If water is left on your property, like hidden beneath the floors or in the walls, you can be looking at a ton of further damage to your property, such as a mold infestation.
Down below we have listed some do's and don'ts after a water damage event! Take a second to review our tips to be prepared!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (904) 762-8066
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.